The mission of Our Lady of Wisdom Regional Catholic School is to ensure that each student receives the highest quality Catholic education. The knowledge and skills our students gain through technology and critical thinking inspire them to recognize the need to pursue high standards. This allows them to achieve personal excellence and success while becoming lifelong learners. Our administration and faculty are dedicated to lead each student through a personal journey of faith and education, encouraging all students to reach their God-given potential.
Small Class Size
Our 12:1 student:teacher ratio provides for greater individual attention to each student. Studies in states throughout the country have demonstrated that students who are assigned to smaller classes in elementary school do better in every way!
- They score higher on tests
- They receive better grades
- They exhibit improved attendance
Our administration and faculty are dedicated to lead each student through a personal journey of faith and education, encouraging all students to reach their God-given potential. Our teachers are New York State Certified and follow the Common Core Curriculum. Our students receive instruction from six specialty areas: Art, Gym, Spanish, Music, Physical Education, and Band. Our Catholic faith as well as Technology are infused throughout the curriculum. In addition we have an academic intervention services teacher on staff for students who need remediation in Mathematics.
At Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School, our core Catholic values are integrated with our mission, not just in theory but are demonstrated in our classrooms, hallways and throughout our school community.
- School day hours are 8:00 am - 2:30 pm for K - 8th grade. (9am - 3pm for Nursery and Pre-K).
The remainder of each day is spent on core subjects such as Math, Social Studies, English-Language-Arts, Religion and Science.
- Science Lab is used by all grades. It is used primarily for science experiments and labs. At times the lab may also be used for music, Spanish, and art classes. Our science lab has a wonderful koi pond as well as compound binocular microscopes, triple beam balances and a host of other equipment.
- All classes participate in Technology instruction. Wi-fi, iPads and Laptops are available for use by all students.
- Students in Nursery, Pre-K and Kindergarten are paired with older student "buddies". This buddy serves as a mentor to the young student and provides social and spiritual support as they begin their academic journey.
Learn more about our Academic Programs: